The Manage-IoT workshop series started in 2018 as Decentralized Orchestration and Management of Distributed Heterogeneous Things (DOMINOS). It was founded by Marc-Oliver Pahl and Hanan Lutfiyya. Since 2018 the workshop series is held continuously (but 2020) in conjunction with the NOMS and IM conferences of the Network and Service Management community.
The goal of the Manage-IoT workshop series always was to focus on software-based management of the IoT domain. It is hosted in conjunction with the Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS) and the Integrated Management Symposium (IM). The reason for that is the aim to foster the exchange between the IoT and the Network and Service Management communities. Both share a lot of principles and goals.
Manage-IoT aims at fostering the exchange and the mutual fertilization and maturization of the IoT and Network Management community.
The previous editions are:
- 2018 DOMINOS co-located with the NOMS in Taipei, Taiwan
- Co-Chairs: Marc-Oliver Pahl (TU München, Germany), Hanan Lutfiyya (UWO, Canada)
- Merged with IoTTestbed co-organized by Jeremy Singer, Steven Johnston, Colin Perkins
- 2019 DOMINOS (merged to HotNSM) co-located with the IM in Washington DC, USA
- Co-Chairs DOMINOS: Marc-Oliver Pahl (TU München, Germany), Hanan Lutfiyya (UWO, Canada), Alexander Clemm (Huawei, USA), Rishi Sinha (Microsoft, USA)
- Hot Topics in Network and Service Management: 5G and Sliced Networks, Distributed Things and Blockchains (HotNSM) chairs: Marc-Oliver Pahl, Abdelkader Lahmadi, Imen Grida Ben Yahia, Amina Boubendir
- 2020 PAUSE (as Marc-Oliver Pahl was Workshop Co-Chair at NOMS 2020, Budapest, Hungary / virtual)
- 2021 Manage-IOT co-located with the IM in Bordeaux, France / virtual
- Co-Chairs: Marc-Oliver Pahl (IMT Atlantique, France), Hanan Lutfiyya (UWO, Canada)
- 2022 Manage-IoT co-located with the NOMS 2020, Budapest, Hungary / hybrid
- Co-Chairs: Marc-Oliver Pahl (IMT Atlantique, France), Hanan Lutfiyya (UWO, Canada), Stuart Clayman (UCL, UK), Filippo Poltronieri (UFe, Italy), Renzo E. Navas (IMT Atlantique, France)